Smart bulbs made me forget how to use light switches - Abdo tech

Post Top Ad

Smart bulbs made me forget how to use light switches

Share This



One of the joys of fully kitting out my house with smart home gadgets is that I am routinely reminded that I am by far the dumbest thing in my home, and that includes my pet ferret who stashes gold Ferrero Roche wrappers, thinking they are some kind of precious material.
The fear that my smart home is making me dumber started not long after I had filled every light and lamp in my house with smart lightbulbs. I’ve used a combination of Phillips  and Hive Active Lights. Both sets are great, though my preference lies slightly with (the more expensive) Hue system, as it has a more pleasant app that allows you to create ‘scenes’ for easily changing the color and brightness of a number of lights at once.
The process has been a joy. The living room has Hue bulbs that change color and brightness depending on what I am doing. If I press ‘Watch a Movie’ on my Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote control (when you have a house filled with devices a universal remote control is essential, and the Harmony range is awesome), my TV, AV receiver and Blu-ray player turn on, and the Hue lights dim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages